A Sonnet.

So, a few weeks ago I decided to try something new which I soon found out was very difficult. I decided to try writing a sonnet. The thing is, I had never before written one and English isn't my first language so writing a text that has so many rules was really a challenge.  This is far from the best i'v ever written but here you go, let's say it's about you? Okay? To get out more feeling from what your actually reading, or you can just try to pretend being the person who wrote it. Your choice.

A tap on my port was all I wished for.
One day I was in the hall, just got home.
Suddenly there was a knock on my door.
Soon my life would turn in to this syndrome,
Love it’s name must be; what is this feeling,
This one feeling I could not understand.
By the door was thee so very appealing.
Thou took my hand, let’s walk the meadowland.
The nature’s change; look close there is the sea.
Get on the ship to safety, the wind knows.
The wind will guide thee to the land of free.
I’ll be thyn as long as the river flows.
In thy arms I will rest, thee my life’s core.

Safely and glad to a bridge I will moor.
By: Caroline

-Oh, just me again.

No comments:

Post a Comment